Zoning By-Law Public Meeting - This event has already occurred
Monday, May 13, 2019 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 157859 7th Line, Meaford
View on Google Maps
The Municipality of Meaford is updating its Zoning By-law and you’re invited!
Why has an updating Zoning Amendment been prepared?
The Zoning By-law is a statutory document that sets out the specific permitted land uses and development standards that apply to properties in the Municipality of Meaford. It does not apply to the Land Forces Central Area Training Facility or lands in the Niagara Escarpment Plan Area, except for Woodford. Our zoning by-law was passed in 2009 and has been amended each year in order to make sure that it is as accurate and up-to-date as possible. This year’s amending by-law proposes a range of changes, which include:
- Updated rules for Cannabis Production & Processing based on the Federal and Provincial legislation that came into effect in 2018
- Extending permission for home occupation & custom workshop uses to occur in detached accessory buildings on lots outside of the urban area
- Clarifying how a home occupation or custom workshop may be carried out in a multiple-unit residential dwellings (e.g. apartment units)
- Re-establishing municipal zoning for lands in Woodford, being a Minor Urban Centre per the Niagara Escarpment Plan
- Providing exemption from Provincial Minimum Distance Separation (MDS1) calculations for dwellings proposed on existing small lots
- Correction of outdated or inaccurate zoning on several parcels
- Correction/updating of various site-specific exception permissions
- Clarification of the wording of several definitions and general provisions to guide interpretation/implementation
Notification, Submissions & Questions
IF A PERSON OR PUBLIC BODY does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Municipality of Meaford before the By-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Council of the Municipality of Meaford to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
IF A PERSON OR PUBLIC BODY does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, or make written submissions to the Municipality of Meaford before the By-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
If you wish to be notified of the passing of the proposed Zoning By-law Amendment, or of the refusal of a request to amend the by-law, you must make a written request to:
The Municipality of Meaford
Attn: Clerks Department
21 Trowbridge St. West
Meaford, ON, N4L 1A1
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that the Zoning Bylaw applies to the majority of lands within the Municipality and therefore a property-specific key map has not been provided with this notice.
Feature Image:April 18th, 2019 - Meaford ZBLA Public Meeting Notice.jpg